Cox Hyperbaric Medicine
and Wound Care Center
Providing wound services, foot care services, and hyperbaric oxygen
therapy to patients of all ages.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
During hyperbaric oxygen therapy, the patient relaxes in a specially
designed chamber and breathes 100 percent oxygen. (The air we normally
breathe is 21 percent oxygen.) Pressure in the treatment chamber gradually
increases, increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to body tissues by
Hyperbaric, or high pressure, therapy is indicated in the treatment of
12 conditions, including problem wounds, carbon monoxide poisoning and
air or gas embolism. To learn more about hyperbaric medicine, visit the
Undersea and Hyperbaric
Medicine Society�s Web site.
- extensive wound assessments
- treatment based on advanced medical treatments
- pain management
- professional and community wound care presentations
- patient education and support services
- multiple medical specialty involvement
- evaluation of feet
- preventive foot care and education
- nail and callus care
- evaluation of foot deformities
- evaluation of gait and muscle strength
- treatment of foot ulcers
- evaluation of corrective/supportive footwear
- professional and community foot care presentations
If you have questions about Cox Hyperbaric Medicine & Wound Care
Center, e-mail us at [email protected].
Physician referral is required. Not all services are available at
Top of page
S. National Ave.
(In the Medical South building at Cox Walnut Lawn.)
Springfield, MO 65807
1423 N. Jefferson Ave.
(In Cox North)
Springfield, MO 65802
and Hyperbaric Medicine Society